POSTS:

Images of all posts can be located by clicking on "older posts"... while they are still a large portion of the the event in our various venues - all of which are featured. Thank you!
All contents ©

Tuesday 6 September 2016

#OTBWR's: Matt Streifel / Wood Diamonds and Other Eccentricities @ WR Community Centre Gallery


“Crow in My Window” $250.-
Matt Streifel  
12" x12" acrylic on wood canvas

The stained glass window depicting a solemn crow is an amalgamation of several experiences. I often wake in the morning to a crow cawing perched on a cherry tree branch outside my window. To me, crows represent something dark yet comforting. The window itself is a nod at a nineteenth century stained glass window from Scotland which, was in my grandparent’s old house on Marine Drive, in White Rock.
After my grandparents sold the property, the window unfortunately was lost along with the house that has been demolished for a new construction. My grandfather and my brother visited the site just after the demolition and in the rubble found a single blue fragment of the window. The piece now resides at my grandparent’s current home. The black window frame is somewhat inspired by my interest in Gothic architecture...

Contact
Matt1274@shaw.ca
Phone: 778-994-1047

No comments:

Post a Comment